ADVENTURE KINGDOM 2 - Important Information

Discussion in 'Announcements / Information' started by Reyzor, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Reyzor

Reyzor Owner
    Owner

[​IMG]
    Hey guys!
    Today I have some sad news aswell as some great news.
    We started working on AK2 in January 2016 and are now on the verge of finishing it.
    But especially in the last 7 days things have not been going as expected. We run into several problems that delayed us more than expected. As you know we want you guys to have the best experience possible, but at the moment I can't honestly say that this is the case.
    I am really sorry to say that, but we're forced to delay the opening by another week.
    This means that AK2 will now officially open on April 22nd and all Adventure Club members (with at least Tier 2) get access on April 21st.

I know you guys are most likely heavily disappointed but we at the moment we have no other choice than this.
    We rather delay the opening by one week than disappoint all your expectations.

But of course there is not only bad news today, we also want to tell you WHY we have to delay the opening:

With the opening of AK2, the server will go through to some big changes.
    You might have asked yourself why we never updated to the lastest versions and instead still used Minecraft 1.8.
    This was because we used more than 70 free & public plugins that others created. But whenever some of these plugins were abandoned and not updated anymore, we faced massive problems with keeping our server up-to-date. We also could not fix bugs or add new suggested features ourself as we had to wait for the orginal developer of the plugin to do that himself.

With the opening of AK2 we'll try a completely different approach.
    For the last couple of weeks, our Developer @Dysche has been working relentlessly to create our own essential toolset of plugins.
    We made sure to recreate all existing plugins as good as possible to keep the well-known "CC style", through there will be lots of new features that we have added to it.
    For the opening only players with 1.9+ can join the server, but we'll update to the latest version of Minecraft pretty soon.

Just to mention some new things we have ready for you:

• ChaosCoaster - our own version of TrainCarts bringing you the most realistic coasters in Minecraft you've ever seen (using 3D modelled textures and a new smooth pathfinding)
    • Official Resource Pack - to increase realism we now have our own made RP that automatically activates itself whenever you join the server (100+ new textures)
    • Shops - unlike right now, we won't have a shop that can be opened with a command but instead cosists out of shops all over the park. Another new addition is custom food (like Burgers, Pizza, Donuts) that can be eated to satisfy your hunger
    • New Spawn - To keep up with our new style of building, we have decided to move away from our current hub-spawn. The new spawn is located directly infront of the entrance of AK2 and you can travel to all different realms (Plotworld, Parkour, VIP Village, etc.) as before
    • 3D clothing - another addition to our new resource pack will be custom models for clothing. We'll start off with a few hats that you can put on but will always add new clothing items that you can purchase
    • Sir. Adventurous - he will be a new character that already got introduced last week. Of course we'll still have Jack but he will mainly be the character for kids while Sir. Adventurous takes the main character role. You'll hear more from both of them during the opening ceremony! ;)
    Of course there are many many more small features or gimmicks that I have not listed here... you can discover them yourself when the server opens :)

Again, we're really sorry that we could not finish everything in time, but we will make sure to work as hard as possible in the coming week to get everything ready for you.

If you have any questions left, you have the chance to ask us in this thread. We will try to answer all your questions as fast as possible.

See you on the server!

2. Ginger_Ninja_76

Ginger_Ninja_76 Moderator

Take all the time you guys need, itll all be worth it in the end :)

789limer and TiiWu like this.
  3. princefireball

princefireball Builder
    Builder

I'm actually kind of glad that it will be released later than sooner because i won't be back until the 26th

789limer likes this.
  4. 6FlagsAstroworld

Builder

Whew. I was actually going to be missing the opening due to family easter stuff this weekend, but I;m free next weekend! Looking forward to these additions!

789limer likes this.
  5. 789limer

789limer Limererator

This might seem really sad that its going to be delayed but I'm still happy about it to be honest! theres going to be a lot more new features coming and I think its better to leave ak2 off for another week but I think this is going to be okay Ak2 is going to just be a 8 day diffrence and I think its better to instead of rush the park at the last minuet instead wait an extra week ;)

TiiWu likes this.
  6. Mick_green06

Mick_green06 Guest

:O okie, but now I t think I'm at school

-mick

Ps I'm locked out of my account

Fabstar77 likes this.
  7. Fabstar77

Fabstar77 TypicalPotatoFab
    Visitor

that moment you forgot what day it is and wake up 4 in the morning but no one is on CC -:- This is an amazing update!! :D IMa give you some credit for how much you wrote ! o_O Cant wait for AK 2.0 and I hope its better ! :D

8. Mick! :D

Mick! :D Mick_green06
    Visitor

@Reyzor @TiiWu
    Does Adventure Kingdom 2.0 open at the same time this weekend (still 7pm GMT?)

9. Reyzor

Reyzor Owner
    Owner

Yes, all times are still the same.. just by 7 days delayed :)

Also, please do not ask the same question in 3 different places. We'll see every question no matter if asked in here, your thread or on my profile.
    Thank you!

Mick! :D and 789limer like this.
  10. Fabstar77

Fabstar77 TypicalPotatoFab
    Visitor

Wait I thought it opens at 4 in morning

11. Mick! :D

Mick! :D Mick_green06
    Visitor