Server Roller Coaster Rule and Concern

Discussion in 'Announcements / Information' started by SenorPredo, Aug 24, 2016.

1. SenorPredo

SenorPredo Mr. Nobody
    Visitor

As you all know a rule reads: "Never leave a minecart while riding a roller coaster or a ride." What most players do not know is when you try to warp to somewhere or disconnect from the server while on a coaster, the train you were once on will immediately stop. This then becomes a problem for future riders of the coaster as it blocks the path of the train another player is riding in. When worse come to worst, new riders have no idea there is a wreckage of carts on the tracks. This then causes a very large cart spam which we, the staff, then need to clean up. If all players could take this into consideration and not leave or warp out of a ride until the train is destroyed at the end of the ride! This makes the experience of the roller coasters better for all following players, and it makes the staff's jobs a lot easier. If I could ask all players (Especially Helpers) to warn new players of this that would be amazing.

However, if you are one of those unfortunate players who gets caught at the back of a spammed minecart train on a roller coaster, please report the incident to any staff member (Preferably a Builder, Architect, Admin or Owner as they can clean up the ride straight away.) and have them sort out the problem. If no staff are on to help you, please warp to some place, (you'll see you have fallen out of your minecart) and warp to the same place one more time in order to successfully escape the ride. You are then encouraged to contact a staff member as soon as you can with the name of the ride and report the problem.

The same rule applies if you accidentally crash or disconnect from the server when riding a roller coaster. You will see you are off of your train when you log back on. In this case, just warp to any place of your choice. After, contact a staff member about the broken ride.

Now, in some cases you will find the train does not stop right away when a player tries to exit the ride. The train will continue to the exit as long as a player is in close proximity of the coaster. Only if no players are within around 50 Chunks of the coaster or so will the ride stop. The spammed carts are not a problem then, but as rule 3.1 states: Do not walk on rails or block driving minecarts. Doing this will still cause a temp ban.

I thank you for taking time to read this, and I hope to see a change with the constant broken roller coasters on the server lately.

P.S. If I could suggest a change to rule 3.1, or possibly make a new rule out of this. "Do not roam around the scenery of roller coasters. i.e. Do not walk around places you wouldn't walk around in a real theme park."

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    Mick! :D, Dysche, TiiWu and 6 others like this.
  2. Roxypoxylol2

Roxypoxylol2 Visitor
    Visitor

People need to be aware of this. In the chat, I see so many people saying "this ride's stuck" (because of spammed minecarts) or "I want to get off this ride" and just leave because they can't be patient enough to wait until they end of the ride, oblivious to the negative implications for the other sincere riders.

3. Thinwhiteduke_

Thinwhiteduke_ Visitor
    Visitor

Yeah players do need to be aware of this. But the suggestion you made for changing the rule is in rule 3.4 stating not to go over mountains or leave paths for other roller coasters.

ChocoMonster217 likes this.
  4. ChocoMonster217

ChocoMonster217 Visitor
    Visitor

Honestly people, would you get off a roller coaster irl while it's still going? Of course not! But in minecraft apparently that's allowed due to how any people are doing it -_-

This thread really was needed, Pred. Thank you :)
    I'm glad you'll be there, along with the other staff members, to enforce the rules.

5. 789limer

789limer Limererator

Thank you so much for making this senor!!

Ender and ChocoMonster217 like this.
  6. SenorPredo

SenorPredo Mr. Nobody
    Visitor

The rule actually says to not roam over the mountains surrounding the ride in order to escape into the Flatland of Builderworld. What I'm saying is the general scenery around the ride.